Friday, July 5, 2013

Paris/Airport/Stop honking!

Wow! Today and/or yesterday, was full of flying and going through security. Salt Lake was an easy 5 minute check in process.

Chicago was eventful. The TSA lady had to double check my dads bag and apparently she is highly allergic to peanuts because when she saw them in the bag, she got very panicked, and called for another agent to check it.

and when we got to Ireland the one security lady was so overwhelmed by the Americans that she would yell "Do not remove your shoes unless you are told to remove them!" We felt quite bad for her!

Another sad moment was when our captain announced himself as "Captain Kirk," and the whole plane started laughing. Luckily, he couldn't see them!

We noticed a few tourists playing the shell game, so we decided to see how the guy cheated, and who his goons were. First of all, the tourist could not make money, only lose it. If they guessed correctly, the thief would simply give him his bet back, but if he lost, well... Anyway, he spotted us and told me if I could guess right, he would give me 50 Euros. I told him no, but he insisted that I did not have to bet, he would just give me the money. We were on to him of course, so we played along to give the tourists a break. I took the Euro's and walked away while his goon tried to sneek up on my dad. While the shell guy tried to convince me to play again, my dad turned around, stared the guy down, and we both had a good chuckle(since all of our valuables are securely hidden). I didn't want anybody to follow us for the day, so I gave back the money, and walked away. Everybody was wondering what just happened when a guy from behind a tree loudly whispered "police" in French, and suddenly the game was over, concealed, and looked like nothing happened.

This afternoon, we took a stroll down the small streets of a smaller town, and had some non-tourist food. It was fun to sit around and eats baguettes with total strangers who just smile and nod.

Due to the time change, we were got here at 10:00 am, but it felt like 2:00 am. So, goodnight!

P.s. Everybody keeps honking at other drivers, traffic is crazy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment